Starting from the ground up you how to build all sorts of rockets and associated equipment with clear, step-by-step directions. It’s easy to skip the more detailed material, but when you are ready, Make: Rockets will help you rise to new heights with detailed coverage of the math and science behind building, flying and tracking rockets.
You will learn:
* How to safely build and fly solid propellant, water and air powered rockets.
* All the techniques needed to build model rockets, launchers and trackers.
* How to recover rockets by parachute, streamer, glider, helicopter recovery and more.
* How to fly payloads like cameras, altimeters and the ever popular egg lofter!
* How to pick the right motor and parachute for any rocket or payload.
* Aerodynamic principles for designing stable, low drag rockets that slip through the air–including one rocket that can hit 500 mph!
* How to use free rocket simulators to figure out about how high a rocket will go before you fly it.
* How to track the rocket and figure out how high and fast it really went.
If you are a hobbyist just getting started with rocketry, a teacher or parent looking for ways to get kids interested in math and science, or an advanced rocketeer who wants a deep understanding of the science and math behind rocket flight, this book is for you.